Finding a way to stay in touch with clients and prospects is not only a great way for marketing financial planning, but a great way to create loyalty and softly stay in front of potential clients or prospects in your pipeline with email marketing.
Providing your clients with an attractive personalized newsletter is one way to accomplish this. The newsletter can serve as a means of communication – 12 touch points throughout the year. The last thing you want is for your clients to hear about a tax law change or new strategy from someone other than their advisor (you)! Yet, compiling this information into an informative, concise newsletter will help keep you at the top of their minds and let them know you are looking out for their best interests.
Here are 5 tips for compiling a simple monthly newsletter for email marketing:
1. Create your own periodical and read it daily – Establish a Feedly account where you create your own periodical of up-to-date information. Feedly is like a magazine you design. You select the blogs and other news feeds you wish to monitor. Review your account daily for ideas.
2. Get on Twitter! – Following your favorite experts and authority on Twitter is a great way to stay on top of current topics in a flash. With entries limited to 280 characters, Twitter is a quick and easy way to spot content ideas for your newsletter.
3. Use available technology – Affordable, user-friendly email software such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp, will make it easy to create emailed newsletters with thousands of templates to choose from. You provide the content, the templates provide the graphics!
4. Don’t forget to cross-sell your services – Clients and prospects may not be aware of all your service offerings. A monthly emailed newsletter allows you to politely inform your market of everything you have to offer.
5. Use a done-for-you CPA newsletter service – Today, many CPA website hosting services will include a monthly emailed newsletter at no additional charge. Make sure you inquire with your provider because chances are you might already have access to the service without having to lift a finger.
Learn more about providing great service to your clients and finding ones through newsletter email marketing. Become a Certified Tax Coach.